R: Cylindrical bores, up to Ø 450 mm
Through bores; diameters 201 – 450 mm
Blind bores; diameters 201 – 450
- Can be used up to tolerance class IT8
- Processing of all metallic materials with a tensile strength of up to 1400 N/mm2 and a maximum hardness of HRC = 45
- Attainable surface finish Rz < 1 micron (Ra = 0.2 micron)
- Can be used on CNC turning, drilling or milling machines and machining centers or on conventional machine tools.
- Machining direction thrust with clockwise rotation
- For machining bores with large-size circular grooves or cross holes special shaped burnishing rollers are available to provide unproblematic withdrawal of the tool.
- Short primary processing time.
- Convenient adjustment of diameter in 1 micron stages.
- Only nominal lubrication required (oil or emulsion).
- Automatic release for tool withdrawal avoids damage to the burnished surface.
- Simple replacement of wear parts (segment cage).
- Type R tools consist of a tool body and roller head.
- Tool body includes shank and diameter adjustment assembly.
- Adjustment assembly accommodates any size within the setting range.
- Specially designed rollers for bores with wide ring grooves or with cross holes. These rollers guarantee smooth tool operation and retraction (for checking feasibility please provide workpiece drawing).